Aug 1, 2009

Spaghetti Cabonara


Spaghetti Cabonara was once my favorite pasta because I used to crave bacon a lot and Cabonara has a full taste of bacon! Not to mention its nice and warm cheese and cream flavors, you know what I'm saying if you like this pasta as well! Later I learned to appreciate many other ingredients on earth, the pure tastes of food without much seasoning especially when cooked with pasta, so Cabonara went down in my favorite list. However, I still miss this classic and have finally got a recipe of it from an Italian cookbook from the library. I am more than happy to share it here!

Ingredients:

20g Butter
80g Bacon, diced (or other cured ham like proscuitto or pancetta)
80 ml cream
2 egg yolks
parmigiano reggiano cheese (add according to your liking)
150g dried or 300g fresh spaghetti

Steps:

1. Melt butter over medium heat and add bacon bits and stir fry until fragrant, for abt 5 min. Discard most of the fat.

2. Cook pasta in another bowl for about 7-8 min. till al dente while making sauce.

3. Mix together cheese (grated into fine powder), cream and egg yolks and add mixture to a large pan with the bacon. Add in the hot pasta and cook over a very low heat and stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and turns a little powdery, about 4 minutes.

4. Serve immediately with a glass of crisp white wine!

2 comments:

  1. My son Brandon loves spaghetti carbonara, actually he loves anything with bacon. Your recipe is different than mine, I don't put a cheese sauce, only the eggs. But I going to try making it like this, I'm sure he's going to love it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your blog very much. I am sure that you are really good cook!

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to hear from you!