Jun 29, 2009

Mandy's Birthday!



Two years went by since this English afternoon tea party with my buddies. We used to work together in the same bank and I haven't seen them for a year already! I miss them so much that I want to place these pictures in my blog, and promise myself that I would organize some kind of gathering again in the near future! (Perhaps another birthday gathering?) We used to gossip, have lunches, shop, and sing karaoke together! Those times were fun! We even went to the amusement park together! Just imagine! Anyways, the venue of this high tea event was the lobby lounge of the Peninsula Hotel, Hong Kong. It is one of the oldest and most beautiful hotels in Hong Kong. The food was good, nice scones and clotted cream, salmon puff pastry, cheesy quiche, very fresh sandwiches, strawberry cheesecake, mango mousse cake, chocolate cake & truffles... The service was a bit rushed because there were so many guests on the weekends! The average line up starting at 2:30 or 3 pm would be half an hour or more. Hm, perhaps that tells a little about the eating out culture in Hong Kong.. long line ups anywhere and any place for great deals making you not so relaxed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is nice to hear from you!