Jul 6, 2009

Chocolate Pancakes


New, fresh chocolate pancakes with raspberry compote were my breakfast. I was like one happy girl. It was my first time making and eating chocolate pancakes, inspired by Laura in her blog post. It was so nice of her to share, and I could not really wait to post my results here. I altered Laura's recipe a bit, because I ran out of baking powder. Keeping everything the same, I separated the egg whites from the yolks, added the yolks to the wet ingredients, and whipped up the whites with half of the sugar till stiff and folded them into the batter to create a light texture. Everything went well and the aroma of the chocolate batter filled the kitchen. The pancakes tasted good, and and they're quite healthy and filling for breakfast! I could become addicted to these great new pancakes... given I had eaten the plain ones for twenty plus years.... Next time, i can give them a twist, add some candied orange zest and cointreau, or strawberries, vanilla ice cream...cherries... apricot jam, foie gras and butter.. mixed fruit and fresh cream... coffee flavored syrup with praline dust...mango and mint... watermelon compote.. dried fruits and mascarpone cheese...more dark chocolate... so many good possibilities!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Loving Tastes

    Your pancakes look absolutely delicious. I'm happy that you liked them.
    And thank you for trusting my recipe enough to tried out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup they're great! I think I'm gonna make them again and again!

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to hear from you!